Post-COVID-19 Care for Ongoing Recovery
The greater Houston area has been one of the hardest hit in the nation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, an increasing number of people who became ill from the coronavirus continue to deal with issues surrounding their physical, mental and emotional health and quality of life. Sometimes referred to as “post-Covid syndrome” this is a very real health issue. And, it is treatable.
If you or a loved one are dealing with lingering symptoms after a known COVID-19 infection, the CLS Health Post-COVID-19 Recovery Program may offer a path to a fuller recovery. The program is located on the campus of CLS Health in Webster, TX – easily accessible to residents of the greater Houston area.
CLS Health is well-prepared to offer post-COVID-19 recovery services. Our physicians and nurses gained significant experience treating COVID-19 patients. And, we were one of the first Southeast Houston medical practices to launch both COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing.
COVID-19 Symptoms That Can Stick Around
The long-term effects of a COVID-19 infection can include symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle weakness and joint pain
- Impact to the heart, lungs, brain, and blood cells
- Mental “fogginess,” confusion, anxiety, depression
High-Risk Conditions for COVID-19 Complications
While anyone who has had COVID-19 – regardless of age or severity of illness – is at risk for the longer-term effects, the risk appears to be higher for individuals that:
- Have diabetes
- Are obese
- Have lung, heart, kidney, or liver disease
- Have a compromised immune system
- Are a resident of a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Were on a ventilator, experienced delirium, or developed acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) while hospitalized for a COVID-19 infection
We Can Help. Tailored Post-COVID-19 Treatment Plan Led by Expert Providers
- When you have an appointment with the Post-COVID-19 Care Clinic, a primary care doctor will give you a physical exam and review your COVID-19 history.
- Then, a clinical patient navigator will be assigned to guide you through a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs for specialized care.
- The program provides
- Patients with access to CLS Health physicians with expertise in primary care, pulmonology (lungs), neurology (brain), physical therapy (mobility), radiology, and other specialties as needed.
Patient-Centered Care, Physical & Emotional
As a community, we know people have been impacted by the pandemic in ways that can’t physically be seen. If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or an overall feeling of sadness, CLS Health Physicians also provides services with a wide range of specialists in psychology, psychiatry, and counseling. The center is your source for compassionate care with specialists who will actively listen and develop therapy options to help.
Post-COVID-19 Care Is Here
Our CLS Health physicians who evaluate you will follow up with your regular doctor to coordinate your ongoing treatment and recovery plan. If you don’t already have a primary care doctor, we can help you establish an ongoing relationship with one of our providers.
Contact Us Now to Schedule an Evaluation