Meet the Provider
Dr. Jamal Mohammed is a passionate and enthusiastic family medicine physician with vast experience in caring for geriatrics, pediatrics, women health, and adults. He acquired experiences as a medical practitioner in a robust residency training program at Texas Tech University health science center at Permian basin. He is well known for the hard-working, compassionate, warm-hearted care that he rendered to his community. He is versatile in several languages, which include English, Spanish, Amharic, and Oromo. During Dr. Mohammed’s medical school and residency training, he was involved in community health activities by being part of STD testing, treatment, and prevention initiative. He is inspired by rendering compassionate care to the underserved with the goal to prevent disease and halt disease complications.
- American Board of Family Physicians
- National Medical Association
- Ector County Medical Society
- Texas Association of Family Physicians
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Family & Community Medicine
- Jackon Park Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara Facultad de Medicina, Mexico
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
About Primary Care
Finding a primary care provider is one of the most significant decisions a person can make. It is essential for patients to have a trusted provider they can turn to. At the primary care clinic at CLS Health in Webster, TX, we are proud to be that provider. When patients have a general medical concern, such as a sore throat or an upper respiratory infection that won’t go away, our primary care physicians are here to provide prompt and compassionate medical attention.
WHAT IS A PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER?
A Primary Care Provider, or PCP, is typically a family medicine or internal medicine physician. Internal medicine physicians see patients 16 years or older, while family medicine physicians see patients starting from 2 months old. A PCP can also be a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA). These physicians diagnose and treat illnesses as well as provide preventive medical care. A primary care doctor is your main point of contact for healthcare in non-emergency situations.
OUR PRACTICE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Annual physicals and well-patient visits
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- Chronic disease management
- Urgent care appointments for acute, non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses
- Preventive care counseling
- Referring patients to a medical specialist when a condition requires more targeted treatment
The primary care clinic is a part of CLS Health. CLS Health is a multi-specialty medical group with over ninety providers providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care in Baytown, Friendswood, Webster, Pasadena, League City, and surrounding areas.