Meet the Provider
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Sociedad Colombiana de Cirugía Plástica
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN – Burn Surgery Fellowship
- Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín, Colombia – Plastic, Aesthetic, Maxillofacial and Hand Surgery Residency
- Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín, Colombia
- American Academy of Family Physicians – AAFP
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians – TAFP
- Harris County Academy of Family Physicians – HCAFP
- Best Family Resident in Obstetric Care. Department of Family Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA.
- Best Research Award. PM&R Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation XXIV National Congress and III International, Congress, Colombia.
- Best Research Project – Plastic Surgery Resident Category. FILACP Federación Iberolatinoamericana de Cirugía Plástica. Madrid, Spain.
- Familias Contra Diabetes – Harris County and Department of Family Medicine-BCM, Houston, TX
- Research Assistant Volunteer on Trauma Surgery – Department of General Surgery, Mass General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Boston, MA
About Primary Care
Finding a primary care provider is one of the most significant decisions a person can make. It is essential for patients to have a trusted provider they can turn to. At the primary care clinic at CLS Health in Webster, TX, we are proud to be that provider. When patients have a general medical concern, such as a sore throat or an upper respiratory infection that won’t go away, our primary care physicians are here to provide prompt and compassionate medical attention.
What is a Primary Care Provider?
A Primary Care Provider, or PCP, is typically a family medicine or internal medicine physician. Internal medicine physicians see patients 16 years or older, while family medicine physicians see patients starting from 2 months old. A PCP can also be a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA). These physicians diagnose and treat illnesses as well as provide preventive medical care. A primary care doctor is your main point of contact for healthcare in non-emergency situations.
Primary Care Services Include:
- Annual physicals and well-patient visits
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- Chronic disease management
- Urgent care appointments for acute, non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses
- Preventive care counseling
- Referring patients to a medical specialist when a condition requires more targeted treatment
The primary care clinic is a part of CLS Health. CLS Health is a multi-specialty medical group with over ninety providers providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care in Baytown, Friendswood, Webster, Pasadena, League City, and surrounding areas.